16 April 2009

Vera Wang... Love her, but SERIOUSLY?

So, I don't DARE disrespect Vera Wang. I mean, lets be honest - she is a bridal God. Okay, well not God, but you get my drift . She continually works her fashion magic and has created some of the best gowns of our time. She's well respected, well known and she's what most little girls dream of... wouldn't everyone love a Vera Wang gown? (Fine, now on to the story...) So yesterday I was all pumped to sit down, and finally watch the MARTHA Show that I had DVR-ed. I couldn't wait to see new dresses by Vera, and hopefully learn a tip or two. The show was fun, had some great ideas and over all seemed to be a huge success. UNTIL an audience member (another bride-to-be) asked Vera about how long you should wait until you order your wedding dress? Now keep in mind the normal response here should be umm, maybe 6-8 months (if not MORE!). So anyway, Vera responded... "2 MONTHS!" I mean, no disrespect, but SERIOUSLY Vera? I mean, have you tried ordering one of your OWN dresses? I was practically cheering when Darcy Miller (ED of Martha Stewart Weddings) and of The Bride's Guide, laughed and said.... umm... maybe more like 6 months. I was SO glad she set the record straight. So brides beware, while Vera might think two months is enough... I would in NO way recommend it.

Lesson learned? Don't believe everything you hear (or read:: wink wink::) ...but it's always better to plan ahead than to be cramming things in at the end. Enjoy the experience!
Heard any other wack-a-doole wedding advice? While we don't dare FOLLOW IT.. it's always fun to laugh about ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment