01 April 2009

Carried away with Manolos!

So I must admit... i'm a SATC addict. I loved the episodes, devoured the movie, and can't wait for the next movie (ps: SO excited about the next movie!). So many women connected with Carrie's character... her relationship ups and downs, her sassy friends, her addictive love-affair with fashion and more specifically her appreciation of fine designer shoes. Manolo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo, Louboutin. All equally amazing and absolutely necessary. The series may be over, but watching the re-runs is still fun all these years later.. who doesn't love seeing all that great fashion... drooling over the fantastic shoes, clothes, bags, etc.

So it's only natural that a girl would want to dream BIG on her wedding day and get to dawn one of these amazing pairs of shoes for her big day. Are they upwards of $700 (minimum)? yes. Is $700+ considered 'reasonable' for a pair of shoes? No. (ish) But did I still want them none the less? Absolutely. If EVER I can make a "logical" argument for a pair of shoes that costs over $700, then surely my wedding day would be just THE special day.

So I logiced that if I were to more 'reasonable' with my other wedding-day purchases, I'd somehow be able to squeeze a piece of Manolo heaven into my wedding budget. So, the good news is that I decided upon a wedding dress (thanks to LB - bridesmaid extraordinaire) that was well under my budget!! (talk about an amazing feat!)

So I'd like you to meet the newest member of my shoe closet family...
I'm now the proud owner of my first pair of Manolo Blahnik's! Carrie Bradshaw eat your heart out girl!

PS: Also secretly drooling over these Louboutin's... but can't find them to save my life :X Anyone have any ideas where I can find these? ACK .. they are amazing!!


PSS: If you really think about it.. the SATC movie inspired some serious wedding fashion. Vibrant and different colored dresses for bridesmaids, and a SERIOUS use of feathers. Granted, i'm not going to stick a big blue bird in my hair...but maybe i'd think about it (::wink::wink).

No comments:

Post a Comment