08 April 2009

Oh No.... am I a two-dress kind of bride??

????????????????????????????????????????????
So I've got to be brutally honest... I've been second guessing my dress. (AGH!). I've tried to rationalize that you only wear the dress once - and well, why go 'nutsy' buying a crazy expensive gown when I found a perfectly good gown at a great price. Enter:: Alexis' doubt. So yesterday I went to go pick up my mom's gown at another bridal store. (Big mistake) I was instantly overcome by a massive tidal wave of dress envy. That's right. I panicked and quickly realized... am I planning the wedding of my dreams only to be in an 'average' kind of dress?? AGH! So in my currently completely perplexed state I realized quiet simply that my dress isn't 100% what I am looking for. So I decided yesterday to take a hold of my fears and get this 'dress debacle' figured out once and for all.

The woman at the dress shop offered to have me bring in my current dress to see if there is something we can alter to have it fit what I'm looking for. (truth be told - I never considered that my current dress could be modified - eureka, is this the answer?). Anyway, fingers crossed... today back to the dress store I go... old dress in hand. Will I come back with a new dress, or will we find a way to make my old dress work?

More to come...

Anyone else a two-dress bride? Any words of encouragement would be GREATLY appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment