08 July 2009

The story of our wedding: PART I

First of all, let me begin the story by thanking EACH and every one of our friends and family members who truly helped our wedding day to be SUCH a great success. We were blessed with a perfect day. And by perfect I mean the weather was fantastic (key for an outdoor wedding) and any potential mishaps were completely oblivious to us. (Now THAT's love!)

Since we were married at 6:30pm, we had the entire day to get dressed, primp and have fun girl time (and boy did we take advantage of it). I was fortunate enough to have Laura Bateman do our makeup and Melanie from Rain salon all in our suite for our beauty day. The afternoon was perfect - laughing and joking with my best friends and family. Any girl's dream start to her wedding day...

A wedding day toast with my Bridesmaids
(Yes we had a bit of wine, but come on, it was after 12!)

All smiles - getting to spend time with my best friends - and the world's best bridesmaids!

Laura Bateman is my makeup hero! Need a makeup artist? Check out her website.

Of course, I got a little emotional - I was on happy overload. But thank God my mom was there to hold my hand.

Getting dressed took a bit longer than I thought, but as I started the excitement was overwhelming. All the planning leading to this moment - the dress - the details - and MOST importantly the man I love dearly waiting at the end of the aisle to marry me. It's a pretty powerful moment. Make sure you allow yourself enough time to treasure it!



Of course I forgot to put my garter on - Thankfully my maid of honor was there to help.

And of course, once you lift up your skirt the paps go crazy (ha). I kid, Charlie and his crew from Studio Kama were fantastic. They were there every step of the way to capture every shot!

The next step was to head down to the terrace and walk down the aisle.. :)

(more to come...)

No comments:

Post a Comment