27 May 2009

A++ for Goose Grease

So in this bad economy it's up to us brides to find creative ways to save money and not go TOO overboard....in fact, blogs these days are buzzing with creative ways to do it yourself, or find cost effective alternatives to pricey bridal items.

Case in point? Our rehearsal dinner cake.

Being that my fiancee is in the Navy, I REALLY wanted to order one of Mike's Amazing Cake's speciality cakes. I mean, look how fabulous this hat cake is! Problem? Yes! For a cake to feed only 20 people, the cost was over $150. Even if I could stomach that, the shipping cost (almost another $175) was enough to set me WELL over my budget.

Cost effective SOLUTION? I worked with Goose Grease (who was featured in this last issue of Martha Stewart Wedding) to create these one of a kind cake toppers. Our venue already provides a cake, so rather than have another 'grooms' cake, we're just going to decorate the existing cake with our fabulous goose grease cake toppers.
I have to give a shout out to the ladies at goose grease... not only did they do a FABULOUS job, but they were SO amazing to work with. I sent them photos of my fiance's uniform, and of what our dog, etc look like and they replicated it almost exactly.

Looking for a cost effective, but incredibly unique cake topper? Be sure to give the ladies at goose grease a call.
PS: they also do miniature cupcake versions... how cute these would be on top of a cupcake-tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment